Responsible: Rocio Samino Garcia
For visits, make an appointment by email.
Website of the University Service Learning Office
At URJC, ApS was born in response to the growing interest of the University Community in learning based on competencies, in teaching innovation and in the recognition of civic, ethical and social values in higher education. ApS is a key tool for comprehensive and sustainable human development, focusing the teaching-learning process on attention to the reality and needs of the environment and on collaboration between the University and society.
The University Service-Learning Office is created as a service open to the University Community for the supervision of the management carried out by the Project Coordinators in relation to SL activities.
- Train members of the university community in the ApS methodology.
- Support new researchers, teachers or groups who want or have implemented the ApS methodology in the university, so that they can connect it with the SDGs.
- Participate in events that involve knowledge transfer to society in terms of ethical and social commitment.
- Participate in networks of exchange, learning and promotion of SL experiences.
- Promote the dissemination of SL experiences.
- Raise awareness among the members of the University Community about the importance of implementing the ApS methodology for the acquisition of social skills that allow the development of civic, ethical and social dimensions in the teaching and learning processes.
- Promote comprehensive higher education, committed to the needs of the social environment, and aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda.
- Maintain the ethical and social commitment of the University and its role as an agent of social change through the transfer of knowledge.
- Promote synergies between the different Faculties, Schools and Centers of the University around ApS projects, promoting the creation of interdisciplinary work groups and promoting the presence and participation of the University in academic and scientific networks of ApS.
- Promote the development of Service Learning through the support and institutional recognition of projects in all areas of knowledge and qualifications of the URJC.
The Service-Learning University Office will have a Commission for the Evaluation of Service-Learning Projects, which will be in charge of evaluating and, where appropriate, approving the projects based on the ApS methodology sent by the ApS Project Coordinators.
The teaching and research staff of the University who wish to see their Service-Learning Project recognised, will submit a SL project proposal, in the model provided for this purpose by the corresponding Vice-Rectorate, associated with one of the subjects that make up the curricula of the official degrees offered by the University.
The Service-Learning Projects Evaluation Commission will issue a written and reasoned resolution on the proposals presented, indicating its approval or rejection.
Approved ApS projects will have an initial duration of one academic year, extendable for successive academic years.
The ApS projects presented by the Project Coordinators may be linked to any of the 17 SDGs and their goals.
The creation of the University Service-Learning Office responds to one of the purposes of the URJC Strategic Plan 2020-2025: commitment to development and social transformation, for the sake of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda .
What is Service Learning or ApS
Service Learning or ApS is an active learning methodology centered on students, which allows developing not only curricular and professional skills, but also social skills through activities that affect the civic, ethical and social dimensions of teaching and learning processes. learning. From the perspective of the teaching staff, ApS is a teaching innovation methodology that can be applied transversally in any area of knowledge and in the different degrees offered by the University. Likewise, the ApS promotes reciprocal and permanent collaboration between the University and society, turning the University Community into an agent of social change that promotes well-being.
Regulations and Documentation
Regulation of Organization and Functioning of the University Service Learning Office of the Rey Juan Carlos University.
Calls for scholarships
The different Calls for Service-Learning Projects will be published in the Website of the University Service Learning Office