Responsible: Consuelo Iriarte Campo.
Address: Office 2009, 2nd floor Rectorate extension.
C/ Tulipán s/n, 28933 Móstoles (Madrid)
Phone: 91 488 93 53. E-mail:
Hours: MF 09:00-14:00 (closed local, national and provincial holidays).
For visits make an appointment.
The Green Office works to incorporate sustainability in any area of our university (teaching, research, administration and management), as well as in all our facilities.
Our work is transversal, which allows us to interact with all sectors of the university community. External collaborations with other universities or organizations are essential to achieve our goals.
- Offer training and carry out awareness-raising actions on sustainability, in line with the purpose of the 2030 Agenda.
- Promote and favor the responsible consumption of resources in order to reduce the environmental impact generated by university activity.
- Promote the balance between the natural environment and the services it offers us, with human well-being.
- Evaluate the environmental implications of our actions through environmental indicators such as the carbon footprint or the ecological footprint, among others.
- Reduce environmental impacts by designing preventive and corrective measures.
All the activities carried out by the Green Office have a common objective: to reduce the environmental impact that the university activity and its community generate.
Objectives of the Green Office:
- Raise awareness and, therefore, promote changes in individual behavior as citizens and in the professional field.
- Achieve optimal consumption of resources (water, paper, energy or waste) by evaluating them and designing the relevant preventive and corrective measures to carry out responsible consumption without loss of quality.
- Value, through dissemination, the dependence of human well-being on the natural environment.
- Evaluate the environmental implications and impacts of our actions and design actions that avoid them or, failing that, minimize them.
- Learn about the progress made towards a sustainable university.
The Green Office is a Management unit that works transversally with both other management and academic units. This allows us to interact with all sectors of the university community.
Interaction and teamwork is one of our strengths. Knowing, proposing, agreeing, informing, evaluating, improving results and sharing everyone's work with everyone are premises of the Green Office.
Multidisciplinary teams help us achieve our goals. For this we have the participation of students, through internships in companies, collaboration scholarships or through specific collaborations in programmed activities.
Although cross-cutting work is carried out, our task can be more directly linked to some SDGs:
- SDG 4: Quality Education.
- SDG 6: Clean water and sanitation.
- SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities.
- SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production.
- SDG 13: Climate action.
- SDG 14: Life below water.
- SDG 15: Life of terrestrial ecosystems.
Results and commitments acquired
2022 results reports:
- Hazardous waste report 2022
- Carbon Footprint Results Report 2022
- Synthesis Document. Action Plan for Adaptation and Mitigation to Climate Change of green infrastructures
- Results THE ranking King Juan Carlos University | World University Rankings | EL (timeshighereducation.com)
- Greenmetric Results
- Report and Results Green Office
2021 results reports:
- Results GREENMETRIC URJC
- URJC results Sustainability evaluation GESU
- Carbon Footprint Registration Certificate 2017 to 2020
- URJC Carbon Footprint Report
- Laboratory waste report
- Report and Results Green Office
- Support for the Global Universities and Colleges Climate Manifesto: https://www.sdgaccord.org/climateletter
- Manifest support for sustainable tourism Turismoresert Platform: https://www.turismoreset.org/entidades-adheridas/
- U-MOB LIFE Project: https://oficinaverdeurjc.wordpress.com/lineas-de-actuacion/movilidad-sostenible/)
Networks and working groups of which we are members:
- REDS-SDSN Sustainable Development Network: https://reds-sdsn.es/
- CRUE Sustainability: http://www.crue.org/SitePages/Crue-Sostenibilidad.aspx
- University Sustainability Assessment Working Group
- Curriculum Sustainability Working Group.
- U-MOB network https://u-mob.eu/es/
- MSU (University Sustainable Mobility) working group made up of public universities in Madrid and the UNED.
- Environmental Participation and Volunteer Work Group