Responsible Center: postgraduate unit Location: Madrid - Vicalvaro
Modality: Face-to-face with online support Title code: 6058 Orientation: Research
Number of ECTS Credits: 60 ECTS Duration of the Master: an academic year
Price: See table
Academic Calendar Schedule Examinations Teaching Guides Faculty
Director of the Master: Prof. Dr. Ms. Carmen De Pablos Heir. Telephone: 91 488 7545
University master's information: Phone: 91 665 5060 Inquiries Mailbox
Student attention: Student Help Box Suggestions and complaints box
What knowledge will I acquire with this Master?
The aim is to promote research in the field of Business Organization and develop skills and provide training to carry out research work and doctoral theses in the field of Business Organization.
Is this degree official according to the regulations required by the European Higher Education Area?
Yes (final verification report is attached), starting the first course in the academic year 2010-11.
Final verification report turned out FAVORABLE
Favorable report first modification
Is it necessary to pass an access test?
It is not necessary.
What is the minimum number of credits for which I can enroll?
You can see it in the rules of permanence in this link
Recommended income profile
Students who have possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes access to Master's degrees in the country that issued the degree.
The fundamental objective of the program consists of the advanced training of the student in research techniques within the area of Business Organization that allow him to be in conditions for academic research of excellence and the preparation and defense of a doctoral thesis.
The program that is presented covers most of the current lines of research in the area of knowledge of Business Organization. Seeking excellence in the quality of research, it proposes the maximum participation of all doctors with active lines of research in the area and who meet criteria of scientific excellence recognized by official bodies, such as the Ministry of Education and Science. In addition, the mobility of visiting professors from other universities that also meet criteria of scientific excellence is promoted.
The program guarantees students the acquisition of the following basic skills:
- Basic skills of information management in research.
- Ability to argue one's own points of view and analyze and assess alternatives in research work.
- Ability to verify and integrate updated knowledge in the field of Business Organization.
- Ability to creatively apply knowledge to practice.
- CG01 - Basic skills of information management in research.
- CG02 - Ability to argue one's own points of view and analyze and assess alternatives in research work.
- CG03 - Ability to verify and integrate updated knowledge in the field of Business Organization.
- CG04 - Ability to creatively apply knowledge to practice.
- CT04 - Acquire learning skills that allow you to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed and autonomous.
- CT01 - Apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader contexts.
- CT02 - Integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments based on information that, being incomplete and limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- CT03 - Communicate their conclusions to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- CT05 - Develop critical reasoning and the ability to perform analysis and synthesis of available information.
- CE01 - Know how to identify the needs and demands of the contexts in which the application of methodological tools is required and learn to propose appropriate solutions for the research questions that emanate from the lines derived from the field of Business Organization
- CE02 - Develop reasoning and critical thinking to analyze the business reality through the identification, description and diagnosis of current business problems close to the environment in which the student finds himself using the strategic organizational tools that from the Organization area of Companies are offered, and used by organizations for their own diagnosis.
- CE03 - Apply methodological tools to solve problems and/or research questions in the organizational strategic field.
- CE04 - Know how to use strategy and organization tools to identify and solve problems, such as analysis of Porter's 5 forces, PESTLE Analysis, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors, Porter's diamond analysis, SWOT analysis , comprehensive dashboard models.
- CE05 - Learn to propose appropriate solutions based on the business models studied.
- CE07 - Obtain information effectively, which implies being able to search, manage, organize and analyze relevant bibliographic information in the field of Business Organization, and in each proposed line of research.
- CE10 - Evaluate the research projected by other researchers and professionals, through the development of reading skills and critical synthesis of research articles from each of the Business Organization lines taught in the degree.
- CE12 - Know the main theoretical models that underlie the various specific areas of research. Students acquire specific knowledge of the most relevant theories that explain business behaviors, such as the Theory of Resources and Capabilities, the Theory of Transaction Costs, the Theory of Dynamic Capabilities, the Theory of the Agency, the Theory of Dependency of Resources, Eclectic Theory.
Admission and enrollment
The requirements for access to the proposed title are according to article 18, of Royal Decree 822/2021, of September 28:
- Possession of an official Spanish Graduate or Graduate university degree or equivalent is a condition for accessing a Master's Degree, or, where appropriate, having another University Master's degree, or titles of the same level as the Spanish Bachelor's or Master's degree issued by universities and higher education institutions in an EHEA country that in that country allow access to Master's degrees.
- In the same way, people in possession of titles from educational systems that are not part of the EHEA, which are equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, will be able to access a Master's Degree in the Spanish university system, without the need for homologation of the title, but verification by of the university of the level of training that they imply, as long as in the country where said title was issued it allows access to university postgraduate level studies. In no case will access through this route imply the homologation of the previous degree held by the person concerned or its recognition for other purposes than that of carrying out the Master's degree.
General access criteria:
The specific qualifications that will facilitate access to the Master are the following:
- Degree in Business Administration.
- Degree in economics.
- Other degrees or official titles that include Business Economics and Organization subjects in their curriculum.
Conditions or special access tests:
Where appropriate, if necessary, Assessment of the student's curriculum, based on their professional experience, their projection in relation to the objectives of the master's degree, as well as their academic record.
The score scales of the curriculum are from 0 to 10, professional experience is valued 10%, academic record 20% and projection in relation to the objectives of the master 20%. This last aspect is assessed through a written test for the students, lasting 1 hour, and for all those pre-registered who meet the minimum requirements, in which they are asked specific questions about the results of a research project and asking students about the opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses, which in their opinion presents the work). The written test adds 20%, the test in English 20% and the personal interview 10%.
Offer of places: 70 seats. If the minimum number of students envisaged is not reached in a course, the University may choose not to open the teaching group.
Master's Teaching Guides
ACCESS THE COURSE GUIDES OF THE DEGREE
|Códigos||Subject||Semester||Type||Number of ECTS|
|6001274||Business Strategy and Organization||1 º||Mandatory||6|
|6001275||Business Economics||1 º||Mandatory||6|
|6001276||The impact of Information Technologies and Systems on Business Results||2 º||Mandatory||6|
|6001277||Cooperation Agreements in Research and Development||1 º||Mandatory||6|
|6001278||Business Development Strategies||1 º||Mandatory||6|
|6001279||Other Lines of Research in Business Organization||1 º||Mandatory||6|
|6001280||Master's thesis||2 º||TFM||24|
This master's degree does not plan to carry out External Internships
University Master's degrees, due to their duration and characteristics, in general do not specifically contemplate the mobility of their students. However, the Rey Juan Carlos University has different mobility programs for both students and University workers (PDI and PAS) and has procedures for collecting and analyzing information on these mobility programs.
- Academic Calendar
- Regulations for enrollment and permanence in university master's degrees at the URJC
- academic waiver
- Refund of Public Prices
- Public prices for university master's degrees
- External Internships
- University Master's Thesis
- Review and Complaint of the Continuous Evaluation in the studies of university master's degrees of the URJC
- Acknowledgments / Adaptations of university master's degrees
- Simultaneity of URJC university master's degree studies
- Regulations of the School of Official Masters
- Addendum to the protocol for adapting teaching at the School of Official Master's Degrees
- Royal Decree 1125/2003, of September 5, which establishes the European credit system and the grading system in official university degrees valid throughout the national territory
- Coexistence Regulations of the Rey Juan Carlos University for the Development of Law 3/2022, of February 24, on University Coexistence, approved by Agreement of March 30, 2023, of the Governing Council of the University
Llaza Quality guarantee
Internal quality assurance system
Composition of the commission
Once the monitoring of the Master's Degree has been carried out, the most relevant quantitative information on the results obtained in the monitoring of said Degree is displayed, differentiated by academic year.
Report by course:
General information collection plan
Within the quality assurance system of the Rey Juan Carlos University, the following surveys are planned:
- Student profile
- Teacher evaluation
- Degree of satisfaction:
- Of the students
- of the graduates
- From the Faculty
- Administration and Services Staff
- Labor insertion
- External internships:
- Satisfaction of interns
- External tutor satisfaction
- Employer satisfaction
The Quality Assurance System of the Rey Juan Carlos University establishes that the degree's Quality Assurance Commission will annually analyze the information derived from the degree's indicators and prepare a report that will include improvement plans if the results so indicate.
- Improvement actions 2020 / 2021
- Improvement actions 2019 / 2020
- Improvement actions 2018 / 2019
- Improvement actions 2017 / 2018
- Improvement actions 2016 / 2017
- Improvement actions 2015 / 2016
- Improvement actions 2014 / 2015
- Improvement actions 2013 / 2014
- Improvement actions 2012 / 2013
- Improvement actions 2011 / 2012
- Improvement actions 2010 / 2011
Renewal of accreditation
The renewal of the accreditation represents the culmination of the implementation process of the official Bachelor's and Master's degrees registered in the Register of Universities, Centers and Degrees (RUCT). The renewal of the accreditation of official bachelor's and master's degrees is organized in three phases: self-assessment report, external visit and final assessment.
In the first phase, the university describes and assesses the status of the degree with respect to the established criteria and guidelines. The result is the Self-Assessment Report (IA) that is presented. The second and third phases are carried out by a group of evaluators external to the evaluated title.”