Responsible Center: postgraduate unit Location: Madrid-Quintana
Modality: In-person Title code: 6091 Orientation: Research
Number of ECTS Credits: 60 ECTS Duration of the Master: an academic year
Public prices: See table
Academic Calendar Schedule Examinations Teaching Guides Adaptations table Faculty
Director of the Master: Prof. Dr. D. Rafael Gómez Alonso. Phone:
University master's information: Phone: 91 665 5060 Inquiries Mailbox
Student attention: Student Help Box Suggestions and complaints box
What knowledge will I acquire with this Master?
The student will learn to integrate the two academic and professional branches that until now have been working separately and that the new challenges of the audiovisual market force us to contemplate from a common perspective. He will develop both his creativity and his ability to manage what has been created; she will learn to integrate digital content into a new multi-support and multi-platform consumption, creating and innovating from the very root of the product, that is, from the idea of any digital content. This forces us to study the "new media" not only from the perspective of the market, but also from a broad perspective: aesthetic, technological, sociological and cultural.
Under this structure of general knowledge, the student will acquire specialized knowledge in the field of audiovisual fiction, a contemporary imaginary that today exceeds the borders of formats and that within the audiovisual industry occupies the highest percentage of investment and production. And this by analyzing both the production from the idea, as well as the textual analysis of the cultural influences and the modes of representation that give rise to these ideas. Therefore, the student will learn to produce, analyze and promote the content, not the skills, and not only from the creative side, but also in terms of the possibility of bringing it to the market, its management in an innovative way. He will also learn about the possibilities offered by the Internet for the exploitation of content in different media, formats and languages. All this with a sociological, technological, aesthetic and economic perspective. The new business models and the new opportunities for the content industry offered by the network will be central topics that will be tackled across the board. Case studies will be essential to understand all this complexity. The fourth edition of this Master allows us to improve every day. It is totally "new media" oriented.
Is this degree official according to the regulations required by the European Higher Education Area?
Yes (final verification report is attached), starting the first course in the academic year 2009-10.
Final verification report turned out FAVORABLE
Favorable report first modification
Favorable report second modification
Is it necessary to pass an access test?
It is not necessary.
What is the minimum number of credits for which I can enroll?
You can see it in the rules of permanence in this link
Recommended income profile
Students who have possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes access to Master's degrees in the country that issued the degree.
Train professionals and researchers in the audiovisual media, either for their subsequent development in the professional field, or to start the path in applied research or the completion of the doctoral thesis.
To do this, the student will carry out a Master's Final Project (PFM), in which they will develop original and scientific research tutored by one of the Master's professors, which must be delivered at the end of the course in scientific article format and which will be evaluated. by a tribunal external to the University made up of academics and media professionals.
- CB6 - Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- CB7 - That students know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- CB8 - That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- CB9 - That students know how to communicate their conclusions ¿and the knowledge and ultimate reasons that support them¿ to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- CB10 - That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- CG01 - Know principles, models and theories about the relationship and influence of technology in the audiovisual environment.
- CG02 - Understand new formats and derivations of audiovisual products as well as their exploitation possibilities in the different technological devices.
- CG03 - Apply research techniques in communication for the exploitation of information sources and data visualization in order to tackle new projects in the audiovisual environment.
- CG04 - Analyze the production and management of audiovisual projects, especially in digital and online environments, as well as in new technological and interactive devices.
- CG05 - Understand case studies and professional experiences in the audiovisual sector in the contemporary era.
- CE01 - Understand the features that make up current audiovisual aesthetics by studying the different consumer media, as well as the evolution of works, products and devices in cinema, television and interactive media.
- CE02 - Design and apply the marketing plan of an audiovisual project, planning its budget, dissemination and implementation.
- CE03 - Apply research tools to perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis of media, audiences and audiovisual products.
- CE04 - Describe the models of visual and auditory representation through their evolution, influence and alternative to current schemes.
- CE05 - Understand digital convergence and the different narratives that have arisen around it, based on the evolution of traditional media or the consolidation of formats such as video games or fiction series.
- CE06 - Apply an interactive project on the new electronic devices in the audiovisual environment (video game consoles, mobile phones, PVRs, PDAs, etc.) valuing the creation of content as well as the user experience
- CE07 - Evaluate digital markets based on the analysis of new business models as well as current experiences and case studies (Google, Facebook¿)
- CE08 - Analyze the features of cultural industries and propose new ways of managing cultural policies, as well as marketing spaces and formats linked to leisure.
Admission and enrollment
The requirements for access to the proposed title are according to article 18, of Royal Decree 822/2021, of September 28:
- Possession of an official Spanish Graduate or Graduate university degree or equivalent is a condition for accessing a Master's Degree, or, where appropriate, having another University Master's degree, or titles of the same level as the Spanish Bachelor's or Master's degree issued by universities and higher education institutions in an EHEA country that in that country allow access to Master's degrees.
- In the same way, people in possession of titles from educational systems that are not part of the EHEA, which are equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, will be able to access a Master's Degree in the Spanish university system, without the need for homologation of the title, but verification by of the university of the level of training that they imply, as long as in the country where said title was issued it allows access to university postgraduate level studies. In no case will access through this route imply the homologation of the previous degree held by the person concerned or its recognition for other purposes than that of carrying out the Master's degree.
General access criteria:
Being the recommended entry profile for this Master's Degree, that of Graduates, as well as students from the Bachelor's Degrees, in Audiovisual Communication, in addition, the degrees in Journalism and Advertising and Public Relations will be considered equivalent after a specific study of admission, and where appropriate, students from other undergraduate degrees, from the area of Arts and Humanities or Social and Legal Sciences, or graduates in Education, Teaching, Library Science or other degrees related to these, whose acceptance will be studied.
Special access conditions or tests
Foreign students are required to accredit a DELE C1 level of Spanish Language or to be enrolled at that level.
To apply for pre-registration in this Master's Degree, it is necessary to attach a motivation letter.
Offer of places: 60 seats. If the minimum number of students envisaged is not reached in a course, the University may choose not to open the teaching group.
Master's Teaching Guides
ACCESS THE COURSE GUIDES OF THE DEGREE
|Códigos||Subject||Semester||Type||Number of ECTS|
|609101||Aesthetics and Contemporary Audiovisual Culture||1 º||required||6|
|609115||Audiovisual Strategy and Marketing||1 º||required||3|
|609116||Applied Methodology||1 º||required||3|
|609104||Influences and Adaptation in Audiovisual Representation Models||1 º||required||3|
|609117||Digital studies: epistemic and methodological studies||1 º||required||3|
|609118||Audiovisual narration in digital convergence||1 º||required||3|
|609119||Interactive design and creation||1 º||required||6|
|609103||Creative industries||1 º||required||3|
|609120||Digital Markets||2 º||required||6|
|609121||Master's thesis||2 º||TFM||24|
This master's degree does not plan to carry out External Internships.
University Master's degrees, due to their duration and characteristics, in general do not specifically contemplate the mobility of their students. However, the Rey Juan Carlos University has different mobility programs for both students and University workers (PDI and PAS) and has procedures for collecting and analyzing information on these mobility programs.
- Academic Calendar
- Regulations for enrollment and permanence in university master's degrees at the URJC
- academic waiver
- Refund of Public Prices
- Public prices for university master's degrees
- External Internships
- University Master's Thesis
- Review and Complaint of the Continuous Evaluation in the studies of university master's degrees of the URJC
- Acknowledgments / Adaptations of university master's degrees
- Simultaneity of URJC university master's degree studies
- Regulations of the School of Official Masters
- Addendum to the protocol for adapting teaching at the School of Official Master's Degrees
- Royal Decree 1125/2003, of September 5, which establishes the European credit system and the grading system in official university degrees valid throughout the national territory
Llaza Quality guarantee
Internal quality assurance system
Composition of the commission
Once the monitoring of the Master's Degree has been carried out, the most relevant quantitative information on the results obtained in the monitoring of said Degree is displayed, differentiated by academic year.
Report by course:
General information collection plan
Within the quality assurance system of the Rey Juan Carlos University, the following surveys are planned:
- Student profile
- Teacher evaluation
- Degree of satisfaction:
- Of the students
- of the graduates
- From the Faculty
- Administration and Services Staff
- Labor insertion
- External internships:
- Satisfaction of interns
- External tutor satisfaction
- Employer satisfaction
The Quality Assurance System of the Rey Juan Carlos University establishes that the degree's Quality Assurance Commission will annually analyze the information derived from the degree's indicators and prepare a report that will include improvement plans if the results so indicate.
- Improvement actions 2020 / 2021
- Improvement actions 2019 / 2020
- Improvement actions 2017 / 2018
- Improvement actions 2016 / 2017
- Improvement actions 2015 / 2016
- Improvement actions 2012 / 2013
- Improvement actions 2010 / 2011
- Improvement actions 2009 / 2010
Renewal of accreditation
The renewal of the accreditation represents the culmination of the implementation process of the official Bachelor's and Master's degrees registered in the Register of Universities, Centers and Degrees (RUCT). The renewal of the accreditation of official bachelor's and master's degrees is organized in three phases: self-assessment report, external visit and final assessment.
In the first phase, the university describes and assesses the status of the degree with respect to the established criteria and guidelines. The result is the Self-Assessment Report (IA) that is presented. The second and third phases are carried out by a group of evaluators external to the evaluated title.”