INFORMATION, PRE-REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION
The Rey Juan Carlos University joins the new "University Digital Backpack" permanent training program common to all Madrid universities that will offer the same 200-hour degree (20 ECTS) with the aim of enhancing the digital skills of students and improve their employability.
This program is part of the permanent training courses of the universities, and its title (CAPACITA D) will allow the employer to know the level of digital skills of university students on a scale of 1 to 4, as occurs with foreign languages.
It is aimed at those students who have completed 50 percent of the credits of the Degree or Double Degree and graduates of the first year
This project is part of the UnInMadrid regional strategy, whose objective is to make the Community of Madrid the best university region in the world in Spanish, seeking to make our public and private universities gradually more dynamic and attractive, improve their offer of studies by adapting them to the labor demand and collaborate with the business sector to join forces in the same common strategy. Thus, a regional Alliance is formed for the training and employability of Madrid university students, of which the Community of Madrid forms part, through the Madri+d Foundation for Knowledge, the Conference of Rectors of Madrid Public Universities (CRUMA ), the Conference of Social Councils of the Community of Madrid, the Conference of Private Universities of Madrid (CUPRIMA), the Business Confederation of Madrid-CEOE (CEIM) and the Madrid Chamber of Commerce. Similarly, the program has the support of very relevant entities such as COTEC and ADIGITAL, as well as some student associations, as observers and evaluators of the program.
The main objective of the Digital University Backpack is to improve the employability of university students and improve their hiring by companies that demand these profiles. As an instrument, this course seeks to improve the digital competence of university students.
Within the four levels contemplated by the Madri+d Foundation, this course corresponds to the D1 level, since all the 3-credit subjects have an intermediate level. The level is reflected in the title of the course.
The University Digital Backpack Course is structured into 7 subjects, grouped into four modules:
Module “digital literacy” (Digital Information)
Subject "Information Management" (3 cr. ECTS):
- Individual use and information management: files and folders.
- Search, protection and evaluation of information.
- Generation of information: editing text and images.
- Information ethics: reuse of materials, privacy and licenses.
Subject "Cybersecurity and distributed trust" (3 cr. ECTS):
- Fundamental security concepts.
- Cybersecurity and cybercrime
- Security and protection: antivirus, firmware and software update and secure password.
- Digital identity.
- Distributed trust systems.
Module “Digital numbering” (Digital Data)
Subject "Data Management" (3 cr. ECTS):
- Management of structured data in table form.
- Spreadsheets: MS Excel.
- Introduction to databases: MS Access.
Subject "Big data” (3 ECTS credits):
- Basic concepts of data analytics: storage, cleaning, processing, visualization.
Module “computer literacy" (Computing)
Subject "Programming" (3 cr. ECTS):
- Introduction to programming with block-based languages: Scratch, computational thinking.
- Introduction to programming with the App Inventor language: mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT).
Subject "Machine learning" (3 cr. ECTS):
- Introduction to artificial intelligence. Applications: decision systems, artificial vision, PLN, machine learning.
- Basic machine learning techniques: classification, clustering, neural networks.
Module "Digital Experiences" (2 cr. ECTS):
Complementary conferences on personal, social and professional aspects of digital competence in different areas:
- Usability and accessibility.
- Digital gender gap.
- Data privacy.
- Data Protection.
- Process automation and Industry 4.0.
- Law and digital security.
- digital humanities.
- Digital marketing and analytics.
Students must prove one of the following situations:
- Be enrolled at the time of the application in undergraduate studies at a public or private university that graduates from the Community of Madrid, or at an official affiliated center in the Community of Madrid and have passed 50% of the ECTS at the time of the request.
- Having obtained the degree at a university that graduates in the Community of Madrid, public or private, or at an official affiliated center in the Community of Madrid within a period not exceeding 12 months from obtaining the degree until the start date of the grade.
In the event that the number of applications exceeds the number of places offered, a selection will be made based on the following criteria:
- By university, establishing the following order of priority: URJC students, students from other public universities, students from private universities.
- Within each of the above categories, applicants will be selected based on academic record.
No. of Places: 100
Academic Management and Faculty
Responsible for the subject
Ruben Arcos Martin
Cybersecurity and distributed trust
Marcos Lopez Sanz
Maria Jesus Algar Diaz
Maximilian Paredes Velasco
Jose Luis Rojo Alvarez
J. Angel Velazquez Iturbide
Duration and development
The course will be taught in a hybrid format, distributed between face-to-face classes, synchronous online classes and asynchronous online classes (corresponding to recorded videos, notes or proposed exercises). The face-to-face classes will be taught on the campus where there are more students enrolled in the course.
Number of credits: 20
Contact hours: 36
Place of delivery: URJC virtual classroom
The face-to-face classes will be taught on the campus where there are more students enrolled in the course
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and some Thursdays, 19-21pm.
- INFO: November - February (9 sessions of two hours per subject):
- DATA: January – April (9 sessions of two hours per subject):
- COMP: April – July (9 sessions of two hours per subject).
- Apr 19-Jul 17 (Apr: May 19-24, 26 and 8, Jun: 5-7, 12-14, 19-21, 26-28; Jul: 3-5, 10-12 and 17-19)
Start date: 31 January 2023
Finish date: May-June 2023
Reservation of place and enrollment
Pre-registration period: from November 3, 2022 to January 17, 2023
Enrollment deadline: from January 19 to 26, 2023
Title price: €500
Possibility of scholarship (if applicable): YES
Payment method: It can be made in three payments
100% of the registration fee will be compensated for those students in unfavorable socioeconomic situations, in accordance with the requirements established in the aid programs of the Community of Madrid with similar characteristics, and which will be defined in the specific agreements signed for this purpose.
The URJC will offer tuition waiver study grants to a maximum of 30% of enrolled students. Half of the grants will be covered by the University itself and the other half by the Madri+d Foundation.
Those students who have aid for the Degree for socioeconomic reasons from the Ministry or the Community of Madrid may benefit. Only students enrolled at the URJC for their degree studies and with study assistance may take the right to a discount of 100% of the registration fee. The same student may not apply more than once for study aid in programs other than the University Digital Backpack Course project.
The start of the course is conditioned to the minimum number of students enrolled.
Documentation to attach, forms and place of delivery
The applicants will present all the scanned documentation, in the formats allowed through the telematic self-pre-registration application when applying for admission to their own degrees. They must compulsorily attach to their request the declaration of the person responsible for the veracity of the data provided in digital format.
At any time, both the Program Management and the Own Titles Service may request the applicants to submit said certified/collated documentation through the General Registry, located on the Móstoles Campus, or in any of the registries assistants located in the different campuses of the Rey Juan Carlos University, or by sending it through Certified Mail to: Rey Juan Carlos University. General Registry. Avda. Tulipán s/n. 28933. Mostoles. Madrid
The student is responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data provided, exonerating the Rey Juan Carlos University from any responsibility and guaranteeing and being responsible for its accuracy, validity and authenticity.
- National Identity Document or equivalent
- Copy of registration
- Personal Academic Certificate or Transcript
- Responsible declaration of veracity of the data provided in digital format
- Any other document that the Director of the Own Title specifically requires for its acceptance