The University Research Institutes, whose creation, modification and suppression is agreed by the Autonomous Community (art. 8 and 10 of the LOU) are centers dedicated to scientific and technical research or artistic creation.
The University may create centers with teaching functions, carrying out activities of a scientific, technical, artistic or service-providing nature, as well as support units for teaching and research.
- Center for Economic Studies of Madrid (CEEM)
- Research Center for Ibero-American Studies (CEIB)
- Sports Studies Center (CED)
- Center for Intelligent Information Technologies and their Applications (CETINIA)
- University Center for Applied Social Studies (CUESA)
- University Center for Tourism Studies (CETUR)
- University Language Center
- Institute of Humanities
- European Institute for Aviation Training and Accreditation (EIATA)
- Technological Institute for Data, Complex Networks & Cybersecurity Sciences (DCNC Science)
Other centers and institutions
Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies (IMDEA)