One of the aims of Rey Juan Carlos University is to contribute to productive development and social welfare by transferring knowledge and technology through the establishment of collaboration channels with different productive sectors, companies and public or private institutions, through agreements, contracts, both in a national and international environment. In a complementary way, the external internships that students have to carry out in companies related to their field of study are an unbeatable channel for companies to meet new talents that will soon be part of the labor market.
The Higher Technical School of Computer Engineering teaches various degrees related to computer science, mathematics, cybersecurity and video game development. And its professors are researchers of recognized prestige in these areas of knowledge. This human capital has allowed fruitful collaborations to be established between its members from the most important companies in its environment.
The possible ways of collaboration between companies and the ETSII are specifically described below:
- Student internships in companies
- Employment exchange for graduates
- ETSII JobDays: Professional Development Day
- Final Degree Projects in collaboration with companies
- Services offered by research groups to companies
Student internships in companies
Students of computer science, mathematics, cybersecurity and video game development degrees have to carry out internships related to their studies in any type of public or private institution. These internships, officially called "external internships" are training activities carried out with the aim of completing their training academic and bring them closer to the reality of the professional field in which they will carry out their activity once they have graduated.
Companies obtain several benefits when students carry out internships in them:
- After a period of learning and adaptation, the students contribute with their work to the achievement of the company's objectives.
- The internship period is used by many companies as a trial period to discover the skills of a future employee, without, of course, carrying out these internships implying any subsequent work commitment. However, many interns end up being hired by the company where they did the internship.
The practices will be developed according to the following aspects:
- Duration: The minimum duration will be 350 hours (approximately 9 weeks full time). If agreed by both the student and the company, the internship may be extended up to a total of 900 hours (approximately 22 weeks, slightly less than 6 months, full time).
- Remuneration: Given its nature academic and formative the students do not receive remuneration for carrying out the practices. However, the company may offer compensation economic to the student as a study aid for the expenses that could be generated due to travel, maintenance or any other concept. This aspect will make the offer more attractive to the student.
If a company is interested in having ETSII students carry out their internships there, they must enter into a collaboration agreement with the university (a very simple online procedure). Subsequently, the company will publish one or more internship offers on a web portal. The students will enroll in the offer and the company will be able to make a selection among the candidates.
For any questions related to the profile of the students or the tasks that the companies can carry out, you can contact the internship managers of the different degrees:
- Jose San Martin (): Degree in Video Game Design and Development and Degree in Computer Engineering
- Alfredo Cuesta (): Degree in Computer Engineering.
- Ana Isabel Gomez Perez (): Degree in Software Engineering and Degree in Mathematics.
Employment exchange for graduates
In order to facilitate the employability of our graduates, the Rey Juan Carlos University has a Job Exchange service. Companies will be able to publish their offers and manage their selection processes through the platform offered by the University.
To publish a job offer, the company will only have to register on the web platform.
ETSII JobDays: Professional development days
The ETSII annually organizes a few days, the ETSII JobDays, in which companies present themselves to students to attract talent. These conferences are held at the beginning of the year and any interested company can join the company relations coordinator to receive more information.
You can visit the website of the ETSII JobDays 2022 with the program of the event, videos of the talks and information from the information booths.
Final Degree Projects in collaboration with companies
Students could carry out their Final Degree Project in collaboration with an external company. You can check here the regulations for the development of TFGs of the ETSII.
In order for a company to collaborate in the completion of a student's TFG, it will have to sign a Collaboration agreement in which the conditions of the same are specified.
Services offered by research groups to companies
One of the objectives of the university is "the dissemination, valorization and transfer of knowledge at the service of culture, quality of life, and economic development". To achieve this objective, there are various mechanisms that allow researchers to participate in innovation and the transfer of knowledge to the companies in their environment. One of them is the possibility that research groups have of collaborating with companies on projects to carry out consultancy, innovation or training.
The ETSII research groups have a fluid collaboration with the productive fabric of their environment and have participated in a variety of transfer contracts with different companies.
The ETSII, through its research groups, offers various technology services.
In addition to these services, each researcher at the School is an expert in a certain area of knowledge and can carry out knowledge transfer tasks with companies and public institutions. On the website of Department of Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Computer Languages and Systems, and Statistics and Operations Research You can find information on the research groups and on each of the researchers individually.
To formalize a transfer collaboration, the temporary conditions, the scope of the transfer and the financial consideration must be agreed upon with the researcher or research group in charge of carrying it out.