This master qualifies for the profession of Lawyer and Solicitor. Royal Decree 775 / 2011
Order PCM/270/2023, of March 21, convening the professional aptitude evaluation test for the exercise of the legal profession for the year 2023
Responsible Center: postgraduate unit Location: Madrid - Manuel Becerra
Other Participating Organizations: Illustrious Bar Association of Madrid (ICAM)
Modality: In-person Title code: 6365 Orientation: Profile
Affiliated centers: CEDEU ESERP
Number of ECTS Credits: 90 ECTS Duration of the Master: One and a half academic years
Public prices: See table
Academic Calendar Schedule Examinations Teaching Guides Adaptations table Faculty
Director of the Master: Prof. Dr. Mrs. Maria Teresa Enciso Alonso-Muñumer Coordinator of the face-to-face modality: Prof. Dr. Mrs. Mercedes Alberruche Diaz
University master's information: Phone: 91 665 5060 Inquiries Mailbox
Regulated profession for which it qualifies: Lawyer and Attorney (Royal Decree 64/2023, of February 8, which approves the Regulation of Law 34/2006, of October 30, on access to the professions of Law and Attorney)
Student attention: Student Help Box Suggestions and complaints box
What knowledge will I acquire with this Master?
The idea of designing the proposed Master was born in response to RD 775/2011 on access to the legal profession. It allows to give continuity to the students graduated from the Law Degree and the Degree in Law.
The Master presents a scientific interest for a series of factors such as the collaboration between legal professionals and university professors, which can lead to the opening of new lines of research.
It offers essential professional training for those lawyers who focus their activity on practicing as a lawyer.
The quality of this Master is endorsed by its joint execution with the Illustrious Bar Association of Madrid, the most important Bar Association in Spain with nearly 70.000 members and which has had an important training center for 25 years, which is trained every year. some 10.000 members through 400 courses, of varying lengths.
Is this degree official according to the regulations required by the European Higher Education Area?
Yes, (final verification report is attached) the implementation of the degree will be done progressively, starting the first year in the academic year 2012-13.
Final verification report turned out FAVORABLE
Favorable report first modification
Favorable report second modification
Favorable report third modification
Is it necessary to pass an access test?
It is not necessary.
What is the minimum number of credits for which I can enroll?
You can see it in the rules of permanence in this link
Recommended income profile
Students who have possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes access to Master's degrees in the country that issued the degree.
Essential requirement to be able to access the Master of Advocacy and Procurement: Be in possession of the title of graduate or graduate in Law. (Law 34/2006)
People who, according to article 2 of Law 34/2006:
“(...) who are in possession of a university degree in Law, or the degree that replaces it in accordance with the provisions contained in article
88 of LO 6/2001, of December 21, on Universities and its implementing regulations (...)”.
The art. 2 of RD 775/2011 specifies that to be able to take the access it is necessary: “To be in possession of the title of Bachelor of Laws, Graduate in Law or another university degree of equivalent Degree that meets the requirements established in article 3 of these Regulations ”.
Article 3 lists these powers indicating:
1. The university degrees referred to in letter a) of article 2 must prove the acquisition of the following legal skills:
- a) Know and understand the elements, structure, resources, interpretation and application of the legal system and interpret the sources and fundamental legal concepts of each of the different legal orders.
- b) Know and understand the mechanisms and procedures for resolving legal conflicts, as well as the legal position of people in their relations with the Administration and in general with public authorities.
- c) Know and know how to apply the criteria of priority of the sources to determine the applicable norms in each case, and especially that of conformity with the rules, principles and constitutional values.
- d) Interpret legal texts from an interdisciplinary perspective using legal principles and social, ethical and deontological values and principles as analysis tools.
- e) Pronounce with a convincing legal argumentation on a theoretical issue related to the various legal matters.
- f) Resolve practical cases in accordance with current positive law, which implies the prior preparation of material, the identification of problematic issues, the selection and interpretation of the applicable positive law data and the reasoned exposition of the subsumption.
- g) Handle with skill and precision the legal language and the terminology of the different branches of law: Write legal documents in an orderly and understandable manner. Communicate orally and in writing legal ideas, arguments and reasoning using the appropriate registers in each context.
- h) Use information and communication technologies to search for and obtain legal information (legislation databases, jurisprudence, bibliography, etc.), as well as work and communication tools.
The general objective of the Master that is proposed is to create a quality course through which students pass the national evaluation established in article 7 of law 34/2006, in relation to articles 17 and following of RD 775/2011. Said evaluation is aimed at verifying sufficient practical training for the exercise of the respective profession, and in particular, at the acquisition of the skills that the training courses established by the Law and the Access Regulation must guarantee.
General Competences of the Master:
- CG01 The student will become aware of the importance of law as a regulatory system for social relations.
- CG02 The student will obtain the perception of the unitary nature of the legal system and the necessary interdisciplinary vision of legal problems.
- CG03 The student will acquire the ability to use the constitutional principles and values as a working tool in the interpretation of the legal system.
- CG04 The student will acquire a critical awareness in the analysis of the legal system.
- CG05 The student will develop the ability to work in a team.
- CG06 The student will develop negotiation and conciliation skills.
- CG07 The student will acquire mastery of new information and communication technologies to obtain legal information.
- CE01 Possess, understand and develop skills that make it possible to apply the specialized academic knowledge acquired in the Degree to the changing reality that lawyers face in order to avoid situations of injury, risk or conflict in relation to the interests entrusted to them or their professional practice before the courts. or public authorities and in advisory functions.
- CE02 Know the techniques aimed at the investigation and establishment of the facts in the different types of procedure, especially in the production of documents, interrogations and expert evidence.
- CE03 Know and be able to integrate the defense of clients' rights within the framework of national and international jurisdictional protection systems.
- CE04 Know the different techniques of composition of interests and know how to find solutions to problems through alternative methods to the jurisdictional route.
- CE05 Know and know how to apply the professional ethical rights and duties in the relations of the lawyer with the client, the other parties, the court or public authority and between lawyers.
- CE06 Know and evaluate the different responsibilities linked to the exercise of professional activity, including the basic operation of free legal assistance and the promotion of the social responsibility of the lawyer.
- CE07 Know how to identify conflicts of interest and know the techniques for their resolution, establish the scope of professional secrecy and confidentiality and preserve the independence of criteria.
- CE08 Know how to identify the requirements of provision and organization that are decisive for legal advice.
- CE09 Know and know how to apply in practice the organizational environment, commercial management of the legal profession, as well as its associative, fiscal, labor and personal data protection legal framework.
- CE10 Develop skills and abilities to choose the correct strategy for defending clients' rights, taking into account the demands of the different areas of professional practice.
- CE11 Develop skills that allow the lawyer to improve the efficiency of his work and enhance the global functioning of the team or institution in which he develops it through access to sources of information, knowledge of languages, knowledge management and handling of techniques and tools applied.
- CE12 Know, know how to organize and plan the individual and collective resources available for the practice of the legal profession in its different organizational modalities.
- CE13 Know how to expose facts orally and in writing, and argumentatively extract legal consequences in attention to the context and the recipient to whom they are addressed, in accordance with the modalities of each procedural area.
- CE14 Know how to carry out professional work in specific and interdisciplinary teams.
- CE15 Know how to develop interpersonal skills and abilities that facilitate the exercise of the legal profession in its relations with citizens, with other professionals and with institutions.
Admission and enrollment
The requirements for access to the proposed title are according to article 18, of Royal Decree 822/2021, of September 28:
- Possession of an official Spanish Graduate or Graduate university degree or equivalent is a condition for accessing a Master's Degree, or, where appropriate, having another University Master's degree, or titles of the same level as the Spanish Bachelor's or Master's degree issued by universities and higher education institutions in an EHEA country that in that country allow access to Master's degrees.
- In the same way, people in possession of titles from educational systems that are not part of the EHEA, which are equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, will be able to access a Master's Degree in the Spanish university system, without the need for homologation of the title, but verification by of the university of the level of training that they imply, as long as in the country where said title was issued it allows access to university postgraduate level studies. In no case will access through this route imply the homologation of the previous degree held by the person concerned or its recognition for other purposes than that of carrying out the Master's degree.
Essential requirement to be able to access the Master of Advocacy and Procurement: Be in possession of the title of graduate or graduate in Law. (Law 34/2006)
The selection of applicants is carried out by the Head of the Master and will be through the presentation of a standardized curriculum with the specific profile required. For the selection, criteria of professional experience, academic record and motivation will be taken into account.
In the event that there are more applications than places offered, the allocation of places offered will be made in accordance with the grade obtained in the Academic record.
Offer of places: 150 places. If the minimum number of students envisaged is not reached in a course, the University may choose not to open the teaching group.
Master's Teaching Guides
ACCESS THE COURSE GUIDES OF THE DEGREE
|Code||Subject||Semester||Type||NUMBER OF ECTS|
|636502||Advice and civil and commercial litigation||1 º||Mandatory||15|
|636504||Advice and criminal litigation||1 º||Mandatory||9|
|636507||Professional Module||1 º||Mandatory||6|
|636501||Advice and out-of-court resolution of conflicts: mediation and arbitration||2 º||Mandatory||6|
|636503||international litigation||2 º||Mandatory||3|
|636505||Labor advice and litigation||2 º||Mandatory||6|
|636506||Advice and administrative litigation||2 º||Mandatory||6|
|636508||Constitutional Litigation||2 º||Mandatory||3|
|636509||External internships I||2 º||Mandatory||6|
|636510||External internships II||3 º||Mandatory||24|
|636511||Master's Thesis||3 º||Mandatory||6|
The External Internships II subject is a curricular subject whose main objective is to promote a comprehensive training of the student through the practical application of the knowledge acquired during the master's degree, which facilitates direct contact with professional activity and the opportunity to join the professional world. with a minimum of experience. All practices are designed so that the students who participate in them acquire professional experience in real situations and conditions, applying the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are acquired in the training processes throughout the degree. The internships represent a decisive opportunity for the personal development and professional future of the students.
Internships are activities carried out by the student in companies, institutions and organizations; that is, in centers outside the university premises, which aim to enrich and complement your university education, while providing you with a deeper knowledge about the skills you will need once you have graduated.
The External Practices II course will consist of two phases:
- Completion of the internship period that offers professional experience related to any of the graduate profiles that are expressed in the Verification Report of the degree.
- Elaboration of the memory
These curricular internships must take place during the registration period for the subject.
External internship information II
External Internship Evaluation Manual
Further information: External Internship Unit
University Master's degrees, due to their duration and characteristics, in general do not specifically contemplate the mobility of their students. However, the Rey Juan Carlos University has different mobility programs for both students and University workers (PDI and PAS) and has procedures for collecting and analyzing information on these mobility programs.
- Academic Calendar
- Regulations for enrollment and permanence in university master's degrees at the URJC
- academic waiver
- Refund of Public Prices
- Public prices for university master's degrees
- External Internships
- University Master's Thesis
- Review and Complaint of the Continuous Evaluation in the studies of university master's degrees of the URJC
- Acknowledgments / Adaptations of university master's degrees
- Simultaneity of URJC university master's degree studies
- Regulations of the School of Official Masters
- Addendum to the protocol for adapting teaching at the School of Official Master's Degrees
- Royal Decree 1125/2003, of September 5, which establishes the European credit system and the grading system in official university degrees valid throughout the national territory
- Coexistence Regulations of the Rey Juan Carlos University for the Development of Law 3/2022, of February 24, on University Coexistence, approved by Agreement of March 30, 2023, of the Governing Council of the University
Llaza Quality guarantee
Internal quality assurance system
Composition of the commission
Once the monitoring of the Master's Degree has been carried out, the most relevant quantitative information on the results obtained in the monitoring of said Degree is displayed, differentiated by academic year.
Report by course:
General information collection plan
Within the quality assurance system of the Rey Juan Carlos University, the following surveys are planned:
- Student profile
- Teacher evaluation
- Degree of satisfaction:
- Of the students
- of the graduates
- From the Faculty
- Administration and Services Staff
- Labor insertion
- External internships:
- Satisfaction of interns
- External tutor satisfaction
- Employer satisfaction
The Quality Assurance System of the Rey Juan Carlos University establishes that the degree's Quality Assurance Commission will annually analyze the information derived from the degree's indicators and prepare a report that will include improvement plans if the results so indicate.
Renewal of accreditation
The renewal of the accreditation represents the culmination of the implementation process of the official Bachelor's and Master's degrees registered in the Register of Universities, Centers and Degrees (RUCT). The renewal of the accreditation of official bachelor's and master's degrees is organized in three phases: self-assessment report, external visit and final assessment.
In the first phase, the university describes and assesses the status of the degree with respect to the established criteria and guidelines. The result is the Self-Assessment Report (IA) that is presented. The second and third phases are carried out by a group of evaluators external to the evaluated title.”