The Development Cooperation and Volunteering Unit was created in 2014 with the objective of promoting and coordinating the corporate management of both activities within the university.
Since the beginning of its activities, its own volunteer programs have been promoted, both nationally and internationally, in addition to the establishment of collaboration agreements with third and fourth sector entities to allow the university community access to the volunteer activities carried out by them.
In the field of International Development Cooperation, the Service promotes collaboration programs with entities from various developing countries, supports the consolidation of existing relationships and promotes initiatives for the execution and financing of new projects through calls and specific agreements .
- Preparation and execution of national and international volunteer programs aimed at the university community.
- Relationship with entities outside the university to establish common projects in the field of cooperation, volunteering and USR.
- Management of funding calls for projects related to Development Cooperation and volunteering.
- Management of international cooperation projects promoted from the service itself or from units that request support.
- Support for people who are refugees or integrated at some point in the Spanish international protection reception system who are part of the URJC university community.
- Development and execution of training plans in volunteering and international cooperation.
- Management of university participation in intergenerational coexistence programs.
- Management of various activities related to the field of RSU, solidarity and citizen participation within the university.
Call for Projects on Development Cooperation, Global Citizenship and Human Rights of the Rey Juan Carlos University
Call for funding of Development Cooperation, Global Citizenship and Human Rights projects of the URJC 2024.
This call is financed by the Social Council and the Vice-Rector for Quality and Strategy of the URJC, and aims to create a financing channel for initiatives framed in the field of Cooperation for Sustainable Development, Education in Global Citizenship and Human Rights and others. social action scenarios as described in its bases.
Those who wish to participate in this call must do so by completing the application form that will be available at the Electronic Office, accessing through the following link: https://sede.urjc.es/convocatorias
Under no circumstances may the general application (present/request) be used as a valid application model to participate in this call.
Call for International Volunteering at the Rey Juan Carlos University
Pending publication next call
Call for Study Aid for refugees from the Rey Juan Carlos University
Pending publication next call
The University Social Responsibility Service, through its Volunteering Unit, offers different training alternatives in aspects of volunteering.
With the aim of offering quality activities, agreements have been established with different organizations and associations involved in volunteering environments.
Depending on the duration and nature of the training activity, a number of ECTS credits are recognized for completing it.
Within the framework of the agreement established between the URJC and the Volunteering School of the Community of Madrid, there are several annual calls for basic training courses in volunteering given by the aforementioned school, an initial step requested by most of the associations that are dedicated to volunteering activities to those who want to participate in them.
Collaboration with NGOs and Associations
SEEKING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEMBERS OF THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
From the Vice President for Quality and Strategy we prepare the offer of university volunteer programs and projects for the academic year and we would like to expand our collaboration with new associations and NGOs.
The Rey Juan Carlos University, through the Development Cooperation and Volunteering Unit,It promotes its own volunteer programs, both national and international, in addition to establishing collaboration agreements with third and fourth sector entities to allow the university community access to the volunteer activities developed by them.
Registration: Volunteering at King Juan Carlos University
The Development Cooperation and Volunteer Service aims to:
- Make known realities different from those that members of the university community face on a daily basis.
- Offer members of the university community a platform for participation in activities that provide differential elements in environments and groups in need.
- Establish links between the university and entities of the Third and Fourth sector to obtain a reciprocal benefit.
- Allow the training of members of the university community in subjects that can complement regulated academic training.
- Offer help and support to groups at risk of exclusion.
- Disseminate the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda and mediate between different sectors inside and outside the university to support the achievement of the defined goals.
- Promote, within the university community, a collective and critical thinking that favors social and sustainable development.
To achieve its objectives, the following are proposed:
- National and international volunteering activities in all types of fields and environments.
- Development Cooperation Projects in developing countries (PVDs).
- Training activities.
- Calls for aid and financing.
In the field of volunteering, we work with our own projects and with projects in collaboration with external entities.
We try to promote the interactive use of the web page of the service given the impossibility of providing personal attention. We follow the same strategy for the training activities that are carried out.
In the field of Development Cooperation we try to promote and support the implementation of projects proposed by the university community, through funding via calls and carrying out informative and informative activities.
From the moment in which the original entity of the 2030 Agenda considers volunteering as a fundamental vehicle for achieving the objectives defined in it, it is necessary to link the activity of the Service with all the objectives defined in the Agenda, especially when in the activity carried out From the Service you can see a connection with all of them.
What does a volunteer activity consist of?
It is essential to make it clear that not everything that is done on a voluntary basis is a voluntary activity. The Law 45 / 2015, of October 14, of Volunteering considers as such, the set of activities of general interest (those that contribute in each of the areas of action referred to in article 6 of said law, to improve the quality of life of the individuals and society in general and to protect and conserve the environment) carried out by natural persons, provided that they meet the following requirements:
- Have a caring nature.
- They must be carried out freely and voluntarily by the person, without imposition or obligation of any agent or organization.
- They do not receive salary or any other material remuneration.
- They must be carried out within a volunteer organization in our territory or outside of it.
- Activities that do not require physical assistance from the person, such as those that are carried out through ICTs but that are linked to voluntary organizations, are also included in this category.
Regulations and documentation